Worldbuilding: Magic Kingdom

1. What is your reaction to the Pirates of the Caribbean ride?
This take on the ride was incredible. It can't even compare to the Orlando location's ride. The entire experience was extremely well thought out and well designed. There were huge, IMAX-like screens which had incredible animated scenes of mermaids, ships, and other water features. Something that stood out to me were how parts of the giant screens were barricaded by real-life visual features  which enhanced the experience. I thought this multi-media experience was beautiful. The variation of scenes, lighting effects, and sound effects also were stunning. Overall, the craftsmanship of the ride was excellent.

2. What connections did you have to work you just viewed? Discuss the elements in which you were able to connect.

This ride was really personal to me as I had grown up going to Disney World Orlando since I was a child. The Pirates of the Caribbean ride was my favorite ride at the Magic Kingdom, so seeing this version of the ride was really interesting. I thought something that made the Orlando version great was that the ride took existing characters, story, and visuals and made it more of an immersive  experience than most other rides at the park. I thought the visuals, sounds, and lighting always drew me into this particular ride. Seeing this alternate version of the ride brought back all of those memories I had and enhanced them by a hundred times. I can imagine how amazing it would be to experience this ride in person.

3. What changes would you make to adapt it into another medium? What medium would you use, what changes would you make?

I think I would change this ride into a VR experience. I think by making it a VR experience you could enhance the immersive qualities that guests love about the ride. I think guests could sit in a raft type boat that has subtle movements so that they also feel the motions and effects of the ride. I think there could still be mists and wind to make it feel more real. I think the same effects of the ride could be enhanced. I think it could have some features similar to the Simpson's Ride in Universal Orlando.

Comments